Homeowners today have a lot of options when it comes to the kinds of flooring they can have in their home. Experts in real estate say that people are often willing to spend more for a home if it has hardwood floors over carpet. If you are looking to redo your floors, there is another option that will give you all of the benefits to the hardwood flooring and add something extra. There are a lot of benefits of strand bamboo flooring that many people do not know about.
The Benefits of Strand Bamboo Flooring:
- It is great for the environment. More and more homeowners are looking for ways to make their homes more friendly to the environment. In this area, solid strand bamboo flooring is really great. Some people think this is one of the best benefits of strand bamboo flooring. Anyone who has ever had bamboo in their yard knows how quickly it grows. The root system of the bamboo plant will develop new shoots every year. It takes between five and six years for bamboo to grow into a useable product that can be made into a natural bamboo floor. By contrast, it can take two decades to grow a tree into wood for hardwood floors. This makes bamboo a much more sustainable material.
- The natural bamboo flooring installation is very easy to complete. Some homeowners will do the installation themselves. Even if you do not want to go through the trouble of putting your natural bamboo flooring yourself, the fact that it is easier to install makes it cheaper to do. You can have your new bamboo flooring put in over the course of just a few days.
- This kind of flooring is available all over. Today, one of the big benefits of strand bamboo flooring is just how readily available it is. Most home improvement stores sell it. There are tons of places where you can get it online.
- It looks great. One of the reasons that people like hardwood flooring so much is the classy look it brings to a home. If that is the look you are going for, you can get it with strand bamboo flooring. If you want some of the benefits of hardwood floors but want a different look, you can get that as well.
- Speaking of the look you want, you have a lot of options with bamboo flooring. There are a number of different colors, shades and different shades. You will be hard pressed to not be able to find bamboo flooring that works with the style of home you have or want. You can change up the look of different parts of your home with different kinds of bamboo. You can use it throughout your home and have different looks in each room.
- This is a very durable material. One of the real benefits of strand bamboo flooring is how hard it is. Flooring is measured by the Janka rating system. Northern Red Oak gets a 1290 on the Janka scale. North American Maple is often given a rating of 1450. By contrast, natural solid strand bamboo has a rating of about 3780. When you look at carbonized solid strand bamboo, you are looking at flooring with a rating of about 3646. That means that it is going to be really hard to damage or hurt your flooring once it has been installed. This is also the reason that companies can offer warrantees that last 25 years or more.
- Natural bamboo flooring is resistant to insects and allergens. Hardwood flooring is nice but it is also a magnet for termites and other wood eating bugs. You do not have that issue to contend with when you are looking at natural strand bamboo flooring. By the same token, when you have any of the types of bamboo flooring, you will have flooring that does not trap allergens in. This can make your home a healthier and happier place for people with allergies or asthma.
The kind of flooring you select for your home can make a big difference in the look and feel of the entire house. Natural bamboo flooring looks great and lasts a very long time.