When Was the Last That Time You Scheduled a Home Improvement Project?
Spring is the season when many property owners make improvements and updates to their homes and businesses. From
replacement windows Chicago Illinois to the decision to install vinyl siding Omaha Nebraska, there are many ways that you can help add to both the beauty and the value of your property. In fact, commercial and residential window updates can also make your home more energy efficient. Did you know, for instance, that home window replacement you can sometimes get a tax credit for replacement windows in addition to the energy savings that you can also benefit from.
Whether you are looking for vinyl replacement windows Chicago Illinois or you are considering a new siding option for your home on the west coast, it is always important to make sure that you purchase the highest quality materials you can afford and that you work with contractors that have the highest ratings for quality and craftsmanship.
Home Improvements Add Value and Energy Efficiency to Your House
Owning a home requires constant attention to many details, and in addition to the regular maintenance there are also times when extreme weather conditions can cause damage that needs to be repaired. Hail can break seals on windows and strong winds and flying debris can destroy siding. Fortunately, there are many times when property owner’s insurance can help cover part of the recovery and replacement costs of home problems that are caused by weather.
No matter who is paying for these improvements and updates, it is still important to make sure that you are working with the most reliable contractor who is installing the highest quality products. Consider some of these facts and figures about the home improvement industry and the impact that it has on the economy of the nation:
- Home owners who replace their windows can get back 80% of their investment, according to the National Association of Realtors.
- Compared to single-paned options, dual-paned windows are about two times as effective at retaining heat and air conditioning.
- 66% of home owners are planning on renovating, according to a recent survey.
- The latest research from the Department of Energy, 45% of the average energy bill goes toward heating.
- Costing about 11% less than cedar siding and 26 % less than aluminum siding, vinyl siding is an affordable choice for most homes, c.
- 44% of renovation jobs that year were for window or door replacement, according to the National Association of Home Builders 2012 Remodeling Market Index.
Even though high quality windows can be expensive, it is very encouraging to know that depending on the material when windows are high quality and properly maintained, they can last 20 years or longer. This means, of course, that whether you are looking at replacement windows Chicago Illinois or another place in the country, your money is well spent.