When Was the Last Time You Updated the Landscaping on Your Property?
You never imagined that when you had the opportunity to build your first house that you would be dealing with such small details. You were prepared for questions about the finishing touches of selecting drawer and cabinet pulls for the kitchen and the bathroom, but you were totally unprepared for conversations about how small is driveway gravel supposed to be. The front of your house, of course, has a paved driveway leading to the garage, but your husband wants a gravel driveway at the back of the property. And while he is perfectly interested in having conversations about how expensive and how small is driveway gravel, you would rather pay attention to the details that are needed inside the home.
To keep the peace and make sure that you are both getting input, you have made the decision that you will have the final say in the cosmetic decisions that will determine how the inside of the house looks, but that your husband will have final say when it comes to topsoil delivery for the flower beds and vegetable gardens and other landscaping decisions. You are hoping he will ask your advice on some of the cosmetic decisions about the plants for the landscaping in front of the home, but you do not want to do the research needed to understand the complexities of rockery rock design ideas and the utilitarian uses for landscaping rocks.
The Best Landscaping Decisions Add Both Beauty and Function to Any Property
Whether you are getting ready to make decisions for a new home or you are in the process of renovating your current house, you would do well to pay attention to the landscaping. With the right decisions, you can create an outside impression that will increase the beauty of your property while also adding to its value. Consider some of these ideas about the many landscaping decisions that property owners find themselves making:
- The latest research indicates that landscaping can increase the resale value of a home by as much as 14%.
- With regular upkeep and maintenance, a properly installed gravel driveway can last three to five, or even 10, years.
- Fertility and texture are the two basic features used to evaluate topsoil.
- 38% of home owners upgrading their pathways, driveways, patios, and terraces are using gravel or crushed rock, according to the 2017 Houzz Landscape Trends study.
- 75% of Americans feel that it is important to spend time outside in their yards, according to a survey by Harris Poll for the National Association of Landscape Professionals.
- Typically one to two inches in diameter, river rock is a popular type of smooth gravel.
Both business and home owners may find themselves making decisions as detailed as how small is driveway gravel supposed to be and what kind of topsoil should be used in a garden and shrub space. Knowing that there are some decisions that you can make on your own and other that might require the help of a professional landscaping service can help you make the most of any changes that you are making.