Who Do You Call When You Need Help with Squirrels or Other Kinds of Rodents?
The arrival of spring can be a very fun time. It can, however, also be a time when there are many unusual problems to deal with. From squirrels eating all of the bird food and gnawing on the bird feeders as well to trying to find a way to get rid of the mice who made a home in your garage over the winter, there are many times when seasonal changes require a little extra work. If you need squirrel removal or any other kind of animal removal, it is often in your best interest to get the professional help that you need as soon as possible.
Whether you have squirrels in the attic or you are dealing with a squirrel infestation throughout a rental property, it is often important to make sure that you spend the time and money on a knowledgeable professional.
Squirrel Families Can Make a Quick Mess of Almost Any Space
Unfortunately, there are many times when a problem with squirrels, or any other kind of rodents, require the help of professionals. In fact, squirrel removal needs to be tackled as soon as possible so that the problem you are already facing does not get any worse.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the need for squirrel removal and the role that animal control and removal has on the safety of our nation and the impact that rodent control has on the economy of the nation:
- Rodents such as mice and rats consume or contaminate up to 20% of the world’s food supply, according to the National Pest Management Association.
- Without the pest control industry, rodents and bugs would destroy 50% of our food supply, according to estimates by the National Pest Management Association.
- Rats breed incredibly fast, so much so that even two rats in an ideal environment could turn into a population of 482 million rats in a mere three years.
- Squirrels may lose as much as 25% of their buried nuts to thieves. This is why they practice a technique called deceptive caching, which means that they pretend to bury food to throw thieving critters off the scent of their buried hoard.
- Rat related animal nusiance calls have risen sharply in recent years. In Chicago, for instance, rodent related calls increased by 61%. Specifically, these reports increased by 129% in New York City and 174% in San Francisco.
Spring can mean a lot of things to many different people, some good, some not so good. Finding a solution to problems with squirrels, rats, and other rodents is one of the tasks that many home owners have to tackle.